I was really hoping that we would be done with this nasty heat. I love baking during the wonderful sweater weather season. We do not have an air conditioner in […]
I was really hoping that we would be done with this nasty heat. I love baking during the wonderful sweater weather season. We do not have an air conditioner in our small three bedroom apartment. Baking in just 80 degree weather will cook us all.
Luckily this Saturday it was going to be in the low 70’s. Giving me a one day opportunity to bake( rest of the week will be too hot nearing 90 ). I had some some bananas that for some reason no one wanted to eat. A little bruised but still good.
BANANA BREAD WITH WALNUTS AND CHOCOLATE CHIPS
1/2 cups of sugar
a stick of butter
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
teaspoon of baking powder
teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 cups walnuts
1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
- Mash up the bananas then add milk and cinnamon.
- In another bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and the salt.
- Add the bananas into the butter mixture and mix.
- Then add the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Stir until you no longer see flour.
- Stir in the walmuts
- Pour into the loaf pan( 9″ x 5″)
- sprinkle the chocolate chips on the top.
- Put pan into a preheated 325 degree oven and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Make sure a tooth pick comes out clean. Set aside for at least 15 minutes before removing for pan. Then on course eat.
I usually get my ideas for recipes for allrecipies.com. I do add and subtract ingredients. I always cut the sugar in half.
It came out so good. Not sweet with too much sugar. You were actually able to taste the fresh yet bruised bananas. The slight crunch of the walnuts and just enough dark chocolate made the bread all come together for good tasting breakfast.
I wrapped it up in a plastic wrap and put in the fridge to have with coffee as our Sunday morning breakfast.
As with everything I bake this was gone in no time. Kids loved it.
When I no longer have to worry about this nasty 80 degree weather in our forecast is when the apron and mitts come out for all of fall. Yes, I know I have done some baking but that is nothing compared to my fall and winter baking. Ugh I still might not be able to make a lot due to certain circumstances but still will be more then I did this nasty summer.
A couple more weeks til fall. I am most certainly counting down. Crisp air, leaves changing to their autumn colors of red,orange,yellow and bronze, taking out cozy sweaters from the boxes in our closets, fall decor and pumpkin spice everything. Such an amazing and wonderful season.